Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

Durov Diagram

BWielinga

If one has one well location and multiple sample dates and wants to plot the multiple dates on the Durov Diagram to evaluate changes in chemistry over time, is there a way to get this to plot without the 1 well listed multiple times in the legend? The legend gets very messy if you are plotting several wells with multiple dates.

Hello,

Currently each separate sample that plots on a Durov diagram will be listed in the legend. If you're making a report and you'd like to clean up the legend, you can do so in another program like PowerPoint or Illustrator. Copy the plot from Gtplot by selecting Edit - Copy, then paste into PowerPoint (you may need to do a Paste Special and select the Enhanced Metafile option). Click on the plot and select Arrange - Ungroup. Once this is done you can select individual elements, such as the markers and text boxes in the legend, to move around or delete. For more information, please take a look at the "How do I export plots and save images?" and "How do I overlay my diagrams?" tutorials on our website.

Hope this helps,

Brian Farrell

Aqueous Solutions LLC