Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

How to to change the defaulted ionic species on Stiff diagram?

Hi,

I'm just wondering if there is any way that I can change the defaulted ionic species on Stiff diagram while using GSS. For instance I have significant amount of acetate ion in one of my samples and I would like to include this anion on my Stiff diagram but I don't know how. Thanks.

Hi,

You can plot any variable on the XY, Series, or Time Series plots and any chemical species on the Ternary or Schoeller diagrams, but currently the variables plotted on the Stiff diagram cannot be changed from the standard configuration.

Regards,

Brian Farrell

Aqueous Solutions LLC

• 1 year later...

Hi Mahdi,

I hope you’re doing well. A while back you inquired about the possibility of adding additional analytes, like acetate, to a Stiff diagram. I wanted to let you know that we’ve developed this feature for GWB Release 11. Now you can add and remove any number of charged species, and you can plot multiple samples side-by-side. Please let us know if you’d like to try out our latest release or if you’d like a quote. Upgrades are available at a special price until February 28th. I hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,

Brian Farrell

Aqueous Solutions

• 3 years later...

Hi Dave,

No, you can currently plot only a single Y axis on a Schoeller diagram. You can, however, choose from a variety of units, including mg/kg or mmol/kg, so that you can include uncharged components in your plot. The classical Schoeller diagram, though, uses electrical equivalent units like meq/kg.

What is it that you'd like to plot on a second Y axis? Perhaps you can make separate diagrams and overlay them in a graphics program like PowerPoint?

Regards,

Brian Farrell
Aqueous Solutions LLC