Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

Exporting and editing GTplot

lltierney

I see that in GWB Essentials 7.0 it says that I can copy my plot and paste it into MS Excel and the numerical values of the data points will appear in spreadsheet format. However, I can paste the plot, but no data appears. I am running version 6.0 of GWB. Does this version not export the data? Also, I am not able to right or left click on the axes to edit. Is my GTPLOT not running correctly, or do I need an updated version to export and edit? Thanks for any advice!

I see that in GWB Essentials 7.0 it says that I can copy my plot and paste it into MS Excel and the numerical values of the data points will appear in spreadsheet format. However, I can paste the plot, but no data appears. I am running version 6.0 of GWB. Does this version not export the data? Also, I am not able to right or left click on the axes to edit. Is my GTPLOT not running correctly, or do I need an updated version to export and edit? Thanks for any advice!

Hello:

The "direct copy/paste" functionality is a feature available in version 7 only.

However, in version 6, you can get Gtplot data out to an Excel spreadsheet via the "File - Save Image" option. Under the "Save as type" menu, choose the "Spreadsheet File (Tab delimited) (*.txt)". You should then be able to open this data in Excel using the import wizard.

Let me know if that answers your questions.

Regards,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.

Hello:

The "direct copy/paste" functionality is a feature available in version 7 only.

However, in version 6, you can get Gtplot data out to an Excel spreadsheet via the "File - Save Image" option. Under the "Save as type" menu, choose the "Spreadsheet File (Tab delimited) (*.txt)". You should then be able to open this data in Excel using the import wizard.

Let me know if that answers your questions.

Regards,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.

• 11 years later...

Hi, 

Related to this. I wanted to have more details/data points on my plot. I increased the number of iterations in my reaction (up to 1000 steps) via Config, however copy-pasting from gtplot to excel only copies about 200 points. Is there a way I can copy all of the steps?

Thanks a lot,

Karmina

Hello Karmina,

I think the issue here is the dxplot parameter. The dxplot command sets the interval in reaction progress printed out to your plot. The default value in React is set at 0.005 which results in printing out a total of 200 steps. You can decrease the interval value to print out more steps. If you want to print out every iteration to the plot, then you can adjust this value to 0. For more information, please refer to section 2.7 Settable variables in the Reaction Modeling User Guide. 

Hope this helps,
Jia Wang