Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

mixing fluids

Rosario

I am trying to mix seawater with a well water in react, how do you go about it?

Hi Rosario:

The key is to use the Pickup command. The following general set of steps works for all fluid mixing models:

• Load water 1 into the React Basis panel
  • Speciate water 1
  • After React converges, "pick up" the speciated fluid via the Run - Pickup - Reactants option (you can pick up the entire speciated system, or the fluid or mineral components only). This will load water 1 component masses into the Reactants pane after speciation.
  • Load water 2 into the Basis pane
  • To set a mixing fraction, use the reactants times option in the Reactants pane

The above instructions are for titrating water 1 into water 2. If you want to run the reverse mixing model, simply reverse the order.

I hope that helps,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.

Hi Rosario:

The key is to use the Pickup command. The following general set of steps works for all fluid mixing models:

• Load water 1 into the React Basis panel
  • Speciate water 1
  • After React converges, "pick up" the speciated fluid via the Run - Pickup - Reactants option (you can pick up the entire speciated system, or the fluid or mineral components only). This will load water 1 component masses into the Reactants pane after speciation.
  • Load water 2 into the Basis pane
  • To set a mixing fraction, use the reactants times option in the Reactants pane

The above instructions are for titrating water 1 into water 2. If you want to run the reverse mixing model, simply reverse the order.

I hope that helps,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.