Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

kinetics

Rosario

I am trying to run a kinetic model but I am a little bit confused. When I run react my model produces certain minerals, now for the second step I want to put kinetics to see if those minerals will indeed precipitate in the long run. Do I need to put those minerals in my reactant pannel and put a small volume. I would appreciate any help.

thanks

I am trying to run a kinetic model but I am a little bit confused. When I run react my model produces certain minerals, now for the second step I want to put kinetics to see if those minerals will indeed precipitate in the long run. Do I need to put those minerals in my reactant pannel and put a small volume. I would appreciate any help.

thanks

Hi Rosario:

If the minerals are not present at the beginning of your simulation, add them in the React panel as kinetic minerals with zero mass, a rate constant, surface area, and then specify a nucleus density, which will ensure that they are able to precipitate along the simulation.

I hope that helps,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.