Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

Vanadium calculations

ThommyW

Hi Thomas:

You can simply add the "Go" statement to the end of your script (open the script in Notepad, add the statement "Go" as the last line, and re-save the script). It simply tells React to execute the script after loading.

Can you email your input file and database to me at gwb@rockware.com?

Thanks,

Tom

Hello Tom,

I sent you the input file and the data base. Can you please tell me how to put all input conditions in the given input file and without starting the calculation on loading and resend it ?

It still doesn't work as I would like it. There is a "dos window" and a message "file not found". What is "inputscript.sp8" ? A variable, the name of the present file? I added the line exactly as given, but it didn't work. I have all files, input file and data base in a private working directory. Do I need to give the path of that *.sp8 file ?

Sincerely

Thomas

Hello Tom,

I sent you the input file and the data base. Can you please tell me how to put all input conditions in the given input file and without starting the calculation on loading and resend it ?

It still doesn't work as I would like it. There is a "dos window" and a message "file not found". What is "inputscript.sp8" ? A variable, the name of the present file? I added the line exactly as given, but it didn't work. I have all files, input file and data base in a private working directory. Do I need to give the path of that *.sp8 file ?

Sincerely

Thomas

Hi Thomas:

Attached is a working script that appends the input data to the output file.

Have a look at the script in a text editor to see how the code is written.

Let me know if this helps you.

Regards,

Tom

Hi Thomas:

Attached is a working script that appends the input data to the output file.

Have a look at the script in a text editor to see how the code is written.

Let me know if this helps you.

Regards,

Tom

It seems that you sent me a file for another program SpecE8. I don't know it very well, but if I use the file temp.spec8 with it, there is no line added of the script .

I used the line $type temp.sp8 >> SpecE8_output.txt

By the way I don't work with this program, so what I need is this function for REACT and not for Spec8.

I tried $type input_script.rea >> Reac_output.txt

because this is the name of the used output file. Will the program recognize inputscript as the present script ?

Please send me a file proven to work.

Thomas Willms

It seems that you sent me a file for another program SpecE8. I don't know it very well, but if I use the file temp.spec8 with it, there is no line added of the script .

I used the line $type temp.sp8 >> SpecE8_output.txt

By the way I don't work with this program, so what I need is this function for REACT and not for Spec8.

I tried $type input_script.rea >> Reac_output.txt

because this is the name of the used output file. Will the program recognize inputscript as the present script ?

Please send me a file proven to work.

Thomas Willms

Hi Thomas:

The script I sent works just fine.

How about attaching the React file you are trying to do this for? I'll send you back a modified, working script.

Regards,

Tom