Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

GSS

Patrice de Caritat

When importing a large dataset into GSS, I got a GSS error "The parameter is incorrect" when I tried to run Data/Calculate. After some searching, I figured out that I had imported a few cells whose low analyte concentrations (e.g., 0.0001 mg/L) got truncated (e.g, to 0.000 mg/L). After rectifiyng these, Calculate works fine. So be careful when importing that you keep all the data.

When importing a large dataset into GSS, I got a GSS error "The parameter is incorrect" when I tried to run Data/Calculate. After some searching, I figured out that I had imported a few cells whose low analyte concentrations (e.g., 0.0001 mg/L) got truncated (e.g, to 0.000 mg/L). After rectifiyng these, Calculate works fine. So be careful when importing that you keep all the data.

Hi Patrice:

We're unable to reproduce this from Excel- would you mind sending me the dataset that caused this error, and describe the import process? Feel free to send the data to gwb@rockware.com

Thanks,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.