Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

simulation of boiling process

ruth

Hello,

I want to simulate the boiling process varying the pressure. I was thinking that it can do it as a polythermal path, changing the pressure value. When I want to do this with the command "pressure" or "P" it does not work. I have the release 6.0. Please help me. Thanks.

Ruth

Hello,

I want to simulate the boiling process varying the pressure. I was thinking that it can do it as a polythermal path, changing the pressure value. When I want to do this with the command "pressure" or "P" it does not work. I have the release 6.0. Please help me. Thanks.

Ruth

Hi Ruth:

You can change the fugacity (non-ideal partial pressure) of any gas in your system in React in the Reactants pane via the add - sliding - fugacity option. That said, GWB is not really suited for modeling boiling. You might take a look at the code Chiller (see: Reed, M.H., 1982, Calculation of multicomponent chemical equilibria and reaction processes in systems involving minerals, gases and an aqueous phase, Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 46, 512-528), which is well suited for this purpose.

Hope that helps,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.

Hi Ruth:

You can change the fugacity (non-ideal partial pressure) of any gas in your system in React in the Reactants pane via the add - sliding - fugacity option. That said, GWB is not really suited for modeling boiling. You might take a look at the code Chiller (see: Reed, M.H., 1982, Calculation of multicomponent chemical equilibria and reaction processes in systems involving minerals, gases and an aqueous phase, Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 46, 512-528), which is well suited for this purpose.

Hope that helps,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.

Thank you Tom,

I will try with the chiller program and also I will calculate the concentration of elements during phase separation as Henley et al. (1984) proposed.

Ruth