Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

Plotting calculations from Multiple Samples

Marty Goldhaber

Is there a way to go from running multiple water analysis samples through SpecE8 via the new GSS spreadsheet to plotting the output of that calculation? I have 50 water analyses in GSS from which I can easily plot piper diagrams etc, but when I run all the samples through SpecE8 it makes 50 output files. I want to plot e.g. calcite saturation for all those samples on the same graph. Do I still need to run a script as before (multiple analyses appendix of reference manual)? I am running 8.0.5. By the way, if I try and limit print options in SpecE8 to only output mineral saturation and make aggragating the mineral saturation easier, the launch command in GSS always gives me the full spectrum of output options.

Is there a way to go from running multiple water analysis samples through SpecE8 via the new GSS spreadsheet to plotting the output of that calculation? I have 50 water analyses in GSS from which I can easily plot piper diagrams etc, but when I run all the samples through SpecE8 it makes 50 output files. I want to plot e.g. calcite saturation for all those samples on the same graph. Do I still need to run a script as before (multiple analyses appendix of reference manual)? I am running 8.0.5. By the way, if I try and limit print options in SpecE8 to only output mineral saturation and make aggragating the mineral saturation easier, the launch command in GSS always gives me the full spectrum of output options.

Hi Marty:

Have you experimented with the Data - Calculate menu option in GSS? You should be able to speciate your 50 analyses and calculate mineral saturation states within the spreadsheet. You can then plot these directly via the Graphs- XY plot menu option.

I hope that helps,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.