Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

Problem with GSS

Amy_

Hi,

I have been shifting samples around on GSS in order to group samples together for analysis. Twice I have gotten the error message attached below and the system has crashed. Any idea what I am doing to trigger this error message and how to avoid it?

Thank-you,

Amy

GSS Error Message.doc

Hi,

I have been shifting samples around on GSS in order to group samples together for analysis. Twice I have gotten the error message attached below and the system has crashed. Any idea what I am doing to trigger this error message and how to avoid it?

Thank-you,

Amy

Hi Amy:

What version of GSS are you using? You can find this by going to Help - About GSS...

Regards,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.

I have e-mailed you the spreadsheet. Basically what I have been doing is grouping samples using the drag and drop feature in order to group data by site based on the LL# in the sample name. For example dragging everyting with LL1 to the top of the spreadsheet so they are easy to highlight and plot using XY and piper plots. Twice during dragging and dropping samples the error message popped up and the system crashed.

Hi,

I wanted to give you some more detail as I just triggered the error again. I had just completed looking at a batch of samples, so I hid them and began to shift the next batch of interest up. I had just moved the first sample up, then scrolled up to the top of the spreadsheet with the mouse when the error occurred.

Hi,

I wanted to give you some more detail as I just triggered the error again. I had just completed looking at a batch of samples, so I hid them and began to shift the next batch of interest up. I had just moved the first sample up, then scrolled up to the top of the spreadsheet with the mouse when the error occurred.

Hi Amy:

Thanks for the additional info- I can reproduce this as follows:

1. open spreadsheet

2. Hide first sample

3. Scroll up and down with mouse

I'll forward this to the developers, and let you know when a fix is available.

Thanks for the detailed reporting,

Tom

• 1 month later...