Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

Scatter data character set problem

I'm running GWB on a Mac through a VMWare virtual machine. It works fine.

However, when I include scatter data on an ACT2 plot, although the plot looks OK on my PC window, when I transfer the plot to my Mac desktop and open with Illustrator, the scatter data symbols appear as odd characters (e.g. 'J's' instead of dots). (see attached file).

This happens with .svg, .eps, and .emf files (I haven't tried any others).

Is there a scatter data character I can choose that will be recognised on both operating systems?

I'm running GWB on a Mac through a VMWare virtual machine. It works fine.

However, when I include scatter data on an ACT2 plot, although the plot looks OK on my PC window, when I transfer the plot to my Mac desktop and open with Illustrator, the scatter data symbols appear as odd characters (e.g. 'J's' instead of dots). (see attached file).

This happens with .svg, .eps, and .emf files (I haven't tried any others).

Is there a scatter data character I can choose that will be recognised on both operating systems?

Hi Dave:

This sounds like a problem with the GWB fonts not being installed on your Mac desktop. The fonts are not embedded in the image files you mention. GWBSymbol.ttf is found in the font folder of your installation CD, and is freely distributable, however, I would be surprised if it installed properly on Mac. You are welcome to try it though...

Hope that helps,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.

Hi Dave:

This sounds like a problem with the GWB fonts not being installed on your Mac desktop. The fonts are not embedded in the image files you mention. GWBSymbol.ttf is found in the font folder of your installation CD, and is freely distributable, however, I would be surprised if it installed properly on Mac. You are welcome to try it though...

Hope that helps,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.

Hi Tom

Your suggestion worked! Many thanks!

best regards

Dave_S