Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

reflux dolomite modeling

I am trying to model reflux dolomite. I first mix seawater with aragonite and calcite. I want know to pick up the results of that model and mix them with a new fluid (in the basis) I am not sure how to do this second part.

I am trying to model reflux dolomite. I first mix seawater with aragonite and calcite. I want know to pick up the results of that model and mix them with a new fluid (in the basis) I am not sure how to do this second part.

Hi Rosario:

1. Titrate aragonite and calcite (Reactants) into seawater (Basis)
  2. Use the Run- Pickup- Reactants command to add this mixture to your Reactants tab
  3. Load your new fluid into the Basis using the File- Open command

Hope that helps,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.

In the pick up reactants command do you recommend picking up the entire system? When I pick up the entire system the minerals do not show up...

thanks

Hi Rosario:

1. Titrate aragonite and calcite (Reactants) into seawater (Basis)
  2. Use the Run- Pickup- Reactants command to add this mixture to your Reactants tab
  3. Load your new fluid into the Basis using the File- Open command

Hope that helps,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.

In the pick up reactants command do you recommend picking up the entire system? When I pick up the entire system the minerals do not show up...

thanks

Hi Rosario:

That depends on your model objectives. However, when you choose Run-Pickup-Reactants-Entire, any minerals remaining in your system at the end of your titration will be represented as mass of component. In other words, they won't show up as swapped in for a component as they would in the Basis.

Hope that helps,

Tom