Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

GWB won't start up

I am using GWB 8 and since I installed it, it has worked fine for a few days then refused to start up even when the HASP key is plugged in and lit up. It displays a message saying "Cannot find license file". This happened once, so after restarting my computer several times, I reinstalled GWB and it has been working fine for about a week, but today the same thing has happened. I downloaded the update from the website but it seems to have made no difference. I am using Windows Vista Business, and none of the GWB programmes work prior to reinstallation. Is there anything I can do to stop this happening again?

Thank you

Olivia

Hi Olivia:

We are wondering if a firewall or anti-virus program are temporarily disabling the software that runs your hardware lock. Is it possible to disable your firewall and/or antivirus software to see if that makes a difference?

If it does not, can you go to the following address on your browser: http://localhost:1947, and click on the HASP keys menu on the left hand side? Please send the resulting screenshot to my attention via email.

Regards,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.

• 4 weeks later...

The above link doesn't work. I am encountering the same problems, even with my antivirus/firewall switched off. Some days it works fine, other days even with reinstallation or restarting my computer, it fails to startup.

Olivia

Hi Olivia,

If the above link doesn't work it may be that something is wrong with your HASP installation, or that HASP is not starting. Try going to the search box (click on the Windows icon) and type in services, then press enter. You should see a list of various services - look for Hasp License Manager. Click on that and a small window should come up. Look for where it says Service status - ideally it should say started.

You might also try running the HASP installer by itself. Paste the text below into your search box and follow the installation instructions. I think it's normal to get a message asking if the the file was installed correctly - if everything seems ok click "the file was installed correctly," and then try revisiting the link from Tom. If the link works click on the HASP keys and diagnostics buttons and send screenshots to my email. If you get another sort of error, please send that my way.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Gwb\Hasp\haspdinst -i

Hope this helps,

Brian Farrell

Aqueous Solutions (makers of the GWB)