Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

can't plot scatter data

tam

Hello,

I am trying to make a plot in Act2 that has Mn activity on the y-axis and eh on the x-axis. The system is at a constant pH 7 and H2O activity is equal to 1. It appears I was able to do this successfully. Now, I would like to plot field data of eh and Mn activity for a number of samples. I have made the text file but when I tried to "get scatter data", I received the error message:

Can't plot scatter data; doesn't contain: H2O

Thank you for your help!!!!!

Hello,

I am trying to make a plot in Act2 that has Mn activity on the y-axis and eh on the x-axis. The system is at a constant pH 7 and H2O activity is equal to 1. It appears I was able to do this successfully. Now, I would like to plot field data of eh and Mn activity for a number of samples. I have made the text file but when I tried to "get scatter data", I received the error message:

Can't plot scatter data; doesn't contain: H2O

Thank you for your help!!!!!

Hi Tam,

You'll want to take a look at the Scatter Data Appendix in the Reference Manual, which you can get to by clicking on the Help tab in Act2. Make sure your two columns are spelled correctly - Mn++ and Eh, and that for Mn++ the data is entered as log activity. Could you post a script for your Act2 diagram and text file so we can try to troubleshoot this? Btw, which version of GWB are you using? 8.0 uses the Geochemist's Spreadsheet which makes adding scatter data really simple, although a text editor like notepad works just fine.

Brian Farrell

Hi Tam,

You'll want to take a look at the Scatter Data Appendix in the Reference Manual, which you can get to by clicking on the Help tab in Act2. Make sure your two columns are spelled correctly - Mn++ and Eh, and that for Mn++ the data is entered as log activity. Could you post a script for your Act2 diagram and text file so we can try to troubleshoot this? Btw, which version of GWB are you using? 8.0 uses the Geochemist's Spreadsheet which makes adding scatter data really simple, although a text editor like notepad works just fine.

Brian Farrell

Thank you,

Attached is my scatter file. Thanks again!

Mn scatter file eh Mn M.txt

Hi Tam,

You mentioned that your diagram was Eh vs log a Mn++, but your text file has values listed for pH, not Eh. The scatter data categories must match what you have on your diagram. If you have Eh and pH data, I might try several diagrams to see which is most meaningful (Eh vs pH, fixed a Mn++; Eh vs. Mn++, pH fixed; pH vs Mn++, Eh fixed). Hope that helps.

Brian