Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

Corrensite Mineral

Hi,

This seems to be a question for someone with specific mineralogy knowledge more than someone with knowledge of the GWB, so I tried to wait a bit to see if the community would respond. I don't know the answer to your question, but can offer a few tips:

• There are a number of thermo datasets that come installed with the software. I didn't see corrensite in any of them, but in general you should keep this in mind.
  • The thermo datasets are editable. With TEdit, it's a simple matter to copy an entry from one thermo dataset to another. And if you have thermo data from the literature, you can easily add the mineral yourself.
  • You can view thermo datasets in a text editor like Notepad or using TEdit, the graphical thermo editor in GWB10. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. You can filter on species composed of a given element very easily in TEdit, but sometimes using the ctrl+f shortcut in a text editor gets you what you need faster. Ctrl+f would also let you search on a mineral "type", like carbonate, sulfide, or smectite. This may be helpful as you look for certain types of minerals.

Hope this helps,

Brian Farrell

Aqueous Solutions