Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum
Juan Carlos Burillo

prepare a dataset with new drinking water standards

Hello Katelyn

I appreciate that you could help me. I want that GSS reads regulatory limits base on Mexican satandars, I think I must create a similar file,dat going to gwb -> Gtdata -> WaterQualityRegs.dat

Thanks a lot

Juan.

Hello Juan,

If you’d like GSS to read in Mexican regulatory water standards you can create a new water quality file, or it might be easiest to modify the existing dataset and save it to a different name (ex. MexicoWaterQualityRegs.dat). You can open the file from the directory as you mentioned, and modify it using a simple text editor like Notepad (right click on the file->Edit with Notepad). Once you have completed your modifications, you can load your new water quality file into GSS by going to File -> Open. To set your modified water quality file to be the new default go to File -> Preferences… For more information, see section 3.4 Regulations, replicates, standards, and mixing in the GWB Essentials Guide (you can access PDFs of the user's guides from the Help menu of any GWB program, or from the Docs pane of the GWB dashboard).

Kind regards,

Katelyn

Hello Katelyn,

Thank you very much, it Works !!!, I´m going to modify the existing dataset and save it to a different name. Also, I am going to load it into GSS and set it to be the new default water quality standard file.

Best regards

Juan

Hi,

The WaterQualityRegs.dat example file is loosely based on various drinking water regulations implemented in the United States by the USEPA. You are of course free to prepare your own dataset. For more information, visit the USEPA web site, http://www.epa.gov/safewater/contaminants/index.html.

Regards,

Brian Farrell
Aqueous Solutions LLC