Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

sorption of Sn

laner

Hello - I imagine this is a pretty basic question, but I would be grateful for your input.

In the attached react file, Sn concentration is limited by cassiterite formation. I don't know if cassiterite is a reasonable secondary salt. I'd like to compare the output to one in which Sn concentration is limited instead by sorption onto iron oxides. How do I define constant capacitance and constant potential in my theoretical system (a waste rock pile)? With thanks, Laner

7y-flot.rea

Hello,

You should go to the File - Open - Sorbing Surfaces... dialog to load a two layer surface complexation dataset into React. From there, you'll be able to set either a constant capacitance, in F/m^2, or potential, in mV, but not both. If you leave these settings blank, React will account for the variation in electrical charge on the sorbing surface. For more information, please see section 2.5.1, 2.5.2, and 2.5.3 in the GWB Essentials Guide.

Hope this helps,

Brian Farrell

Aqueous Solutions