Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

Plot configuration in React

Hello Katelyn,

I ´m praticing with React so I created a new directory and saved the files in it. I saved a file as a React Input file (rea extension), open Plot results pane, edit axes and save the graph as gtplot input file (gtc extensión). I did the same with new files. When I reopen the files I noticed that axes was changed or no graphs was found. So I would like to keep the configuration in every file, not to its default state but with the same configuration before it was closed.

I read the text "Loading and saving plot configuration" , I think reset configuration erase the information in the file as a new file.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Best regards

Juan.

Hello Juan,

It sounds like you’re off to a good start creating a new working directory for your files. After your run your React model and select plot results launching Gtplot, you can modify your plot settings how ever you would like (change the axes labels, colors, fonts etc). Once you close Gtplot, a gtplot_conf.gtc file will be automatically generated in your working directory. That config file will contain the plot settings since you last closed Gtplot. If you would like to prevent over writing your settings, you should save your config file with a unique name.

Once you have your unique config file you can load it into Gtplot by going to File > Open > Configuration…. or dragging and dropping it into your open Gtplot window. This way you can continue to run other models in React and apply your preferred configuration settings.

In GWB10, config files are also useful in that you can save a specific config file for each of your different plots. This way you can return to any of your saved config plot files (.gtc) by double clicking to open and modify the file, if you’d like.

If this doesn’t solve the issue you are experiencing, can you please explain in more detail what you are trying to do and attach your files?

Kind regards,

Katelyn

Aqueous Solutions LLC

Hello Katelyn,

Thank you for your prompt response. As you mentioned I really want to prevent over writing my settings, when you say "unique name" that means that all gtplot_conf.gtc would have the same name.

I´ll try to explain in more detail what I´m trying to do. I only want to mantain the form of the graph that it has before I close the file. I´m sending you a Word file with the runs i have made with REACT. Some graphs look nice opening gtplot_conf.gtc, others opening React and launching to Gtplot

Thanks for the route File> Open > Configuration, I am going to use it once I define a unique name.

Kind regards

Juan

Hello Juan,

To clarify, you will need to save a different configuration for each different plot style or “form” you want. To save a unique named config file in Gtplot got to File> Save As and name your file something like: “blue-T-vs-pH_conf.gtc” etc. As you use React to run new models and create new plots, you can then load specific config files into an open Gtplot Window to get your desired form.

If you want to reopen an earlier plot, you’ll need to click on the specific gtc file. Each gtc file is going to reference whatever plot data was in Gtplot when you last saved the configuration (React_plot.gtp by default). If you’re running different models, then you will want to differentiate the results files by applying a suffix for each different React run, thus producing .gtp files with unique names. This way, you can make config files that reference specific gtp files.

Hope this helps,

Katelyn

Aqueous Solutions LLC

• 1 month later...