Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

Reset Licence for new computer

Hello Alida,

To move your GWB license to another computer, you'll need to deactivate your license on your old computer. To do so, open the GWB dashboard and move to the Support tab then click Activate GWB and select your activation code and click Deactivate. You can then go to the download page to re-install the software and find your activation code.

Kind regards,

Katelyn

Aqueous Solutions LLC

• 2 months later...

Katezat, to follow up on this, I was using the university's computers so didn't end up installing. However I tried to do so today and my license is not working, can you reset it again for me?

Thanks for the trouble.

Hello Alida,

Our system shows your license is activated. You’ll need to deactivate your license before you can move it to another machine. To do so, return to the GWB activation utility and select your activation code, then click Deactivate. Once the status changes to "not activated", you can activate your license on another computer. Please let me know if you’re still having trouble.

Katelyn

Aqueous Solutions LLC

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Alida,

Now that you have deactivated your GWB license, you can install the software and activate your license on another computer. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Katelyn

Aqueous Solutions LLC

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I accidentally downloaded my copy of Geochemist's Workbench to a school computer, which resets. Since it was not saved on a personal drive, I cannot deactivate my license because the computer is wiped. I am unable to install the program to my laptop. Would it be possible for my code to be reactivated?

Thank you,

Zoe

• 2 years later...

Hi,

My old computer with GWB installed is no longer working and I can't use it. Therefore, I have no way of deactivating the license. I want to use GWB on my new computer so I have no way of doing so. How do I rectify the issue?

J

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Norma,

I have reset your license and you should be all good to activate again. If possible, please try to deactivate your license in the future before performing maintenance on your machine. That way, there will be no delay with reactivation. 

Best regards,

Jia Wang