Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum
kellybiagi

Can't download GWB11

Hi,

I had downloaded GWB11 with my activation code on a computer, but now I want it on a different computer. So I uninstalled it on the first computer, but now when I try and enter the activation code in on this new computer, it says that the Fufill count exceeds the available seat count. I'm not sure what to do next since I already uninstalled it on my first computer.

Any help is appreciated thanks!

Hi,

You can have the software activated on one computer at a time. In general, to work on a different computer you should return to the GWB activation utility (on the Support tab of the GWB Dashboard) and select your activation code, then click Deactivate. Once the status changes to "not activated" you're free to activate on a different workstation.

Uninstalling is not the same as deactivating. I apologize that this information is not currently communicated when users receive their GWB Student Edition licenses. Do you still have access to the original computer? If so, you can reinstall the software then deactivate your license as described above. Please let me know if you don't have access to the original computer.

Regards,

Brian Farrell

Aqueous Solutions LLC

Hi Brian,

Ah I see that makes sense. I just tried to re-open the GWB on my older computer but I already had uninstalled it so I don't have access to it anymore - Sorry! Is there anyway to deactivate the code another way?

Thank you!

Kelly