Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

X2t does not save node-by-node entries

Svenjas

I want to create a model with inhomogeneous distribution of halite. So I used the node-by-node option and saved it. The attached file "test2" shows how the commands should look like. But next time I opened the file, the node-by-node entries for halite were simply gone! X2t tells me that the entry field is empty (see "test3)". What can I do to make X2t save the matrix (and changes of it)?

I have already tried in many ways to solve the problem. Sometimes X2t first saves the entries, but after I re-open it, do some changes, save them and re-open the file again, the whole matrix is gone. The problem does not occure with constant values and - as you can see in the files - saving an inhomogeneous distribution of porosity wasn´t a problem either.

The problem occures since I installed GWB 11.0.7 instead of GWB 11.0.6. I have already deinstalled and reinstalled GWB on different servers but the only result is that now I can not deactivate it anymore because max return was exceeded (by the way: is there a way to solve that problem, too?). Also tried different storage locations, without success.

Another Problem is that GWB does not save the results of my calculations. When I save and reopen one of the input files, the results of the previous run are gone. Is that normal?

Any idea what the problem might be?

test2.x2t

test3.x2t

Hello,

Thanks for bringing the problem with heterogeneous mineral masses to our attention. We’re looking into it, but I’m pretty sure it has nothing to do with the machine you install the software on. If you send an email to support@gwb.com with your activation code we’ll be able to take care of your activation/ deactivation problem.

You should check your current working directory for your results files. Our tutorials webpage has a short slideshow entitled “How do I manage results files?” that explains pretty well the types of output generated, where to find the output, and how to prevent older results from being overwritten by subsequent calculations.

Regards,

Brian Farrell

Aqueous Solutions LLC

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

We have fixed the problem with saving heterogeneous mineral masses. The fix will be available in the next maintenance release. In the meantime, you might consider one of the other options for setting heterogeneity, such as an external Table dataset or an equation.

Regards,

Brian Farrell

Aqueous Solutions LLC

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I’m writing to let you know about our latest maintenance release, GWB 11.0.8. The release fixes the issue you encountered with saving heterogeneous mineral masses.

Existing installations should automatically update to this release within the next three days, unless auto-update is disabled. In that case, you can update your installation from the Help pulldown on any GWB app.

I hope you enjoy using the software.

Regards,

Brian Farrell
Aqueous Solutions LLC