Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

React error - bad rate law type

Dino

I have a file with a custom rate law for the dissolution of glass. in separate files, i have custom rate laws for the precipitation of alteration products. I recently added a rate law for the precipitation of amorphous silica and i get a react errro "bad rate law type". However, this rate law is nearly exactly the same as the others that work fine. The only difference is that the glass rate is connected to the amorphous silica through xaffin. Is that the problem? How would i get around that problem? Perhaps use chalcedony as the precipitating phase but with the same thermo properties as SiO2(am)?

I can provide the appropriate files if needed.

Thanks for your help.

here they are. I use a modified (phases added and TRIS) version of the LLNL data base. it is too big to attach. you'll have to change the P0798 rate file since the link would not allow me to upload that type of file (even with the 'txt' extension). BTW, how do you generate a '.bas' file? I've done it in the past, but probably by accident...:)

Denis

P0798wSiO2add.9.rea

amorphsilica.txt

copy P0798 Rate.txt

Hi Denis,

Thanks for attaching the React input and basic scripts. If your custom thermo dataset is too large to upload to the forum, can you please email it to support@gwb.com?

You might use a text editor like Notepad or Notepad++ to write your basic script. When you're ready to save it, go to File - Save As, change the "Save as type" to "All Files", then give it a name like MyRateLawScript.bas. Or, you can open the folder containing your text file in Windows Explorer and right-click on the file, then click "Rename". Change the extension from ".txt" to ".bas".

Hope this helps,

Brian