Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

How to view the full results of rea files?

Hi,

You can go to the Config -> Output dialog and adjust the three-way checkboxes in the "include" section under "print dataset". Looking at mineral saturation, for example, an unfilled box will cause no saturation indices to be written to the print dataset, a checked box will cause saturation indices above -3 to be written out, and the completely filled box will cause all saturation indices to be written. For more information, please see 2.8, Controlling the printout, in the GWB Reaction Modeling Guide.

Gtplot can draw a wide variety of plot types from React output. Even if it doesn't have the special charts that you're interested in, Gtplot provdes a very handy method to export numerical values in a format that you can paste directly into a spreadsheet like Excel. This is almost always easier than copying values from the text output file. For example, make an XY plot with mineral saturation on the Y axis, select all the minerals, then go to Edit -> Copy in Gtplot. When you paste into Excel, you'll have a nice table of all your mineral saturation indices. For more information, please see 6.7, Exporting the plot, in the GWB Reaction Modeling Guide. To see a slideshow of how this works, please go to https://www.gwb.com/tutorials.php#USING_GWB and click on the "How do I retrieve numerical data from my plots?" tutorial.

Finally, I noticed a pair of warning messages at the bottom of the Results pane. I'd be happy to take a look at them if you attach your script.

Regards,

Brian Farrell

Aqueous Solutions LLC

Hi,

You can go to the Config -> Output dialog and adjust the three-way checkboxes in the "include" section under "print dataset". Looking at mineral saturation, for example, an unfilled box will cause no saturation indices to be written to the print dataset, a checked box will cause saturation indices above -3 to be written out, and the completely filled box will cause all saturation indices to be written. For more information, please see 2.8, Controlling the printout, in the GWB Reaction Modeling Guide.

Gtplot can draw a wide variety of plot types from React output. Even if it doesn't have the special charts that you're interested in, Gtplot provdes a very handy method to export numerical values in a format that you can paste directly into a spreadsheet like Excel. This is almost always easier than copying values from the text output file. For example, make an XY plot with mineral saturation on the Y axis, select all the minerals, then go to Edit -> Copy in Gtplot. When you paste into Excel, you'll have a nice table of all your mineral saturation indices. For more information, please see 6.7, Exporting the plot, in the GWB Reaction Modeling Guide. To see a slideshow of how this works, please go to https://www.gwb.com/tutorials.php#USING_GWB and click on the "How do I retrieve numerical data from my plots?" tutorial.

Finally, I noticed a pair of warning messages at the bottom of the Results pane. I'd be happy to take a look at them if you attach your script.

Regards,

Brian Farrell

Aqueous Solutions LLC

Hi, Brian Farrell,

Thank you every much for you kindness help. It works well now. The warning messages only occur under temperatures below about 140℃ due to the mass imbalance of -e. The database file was too large to upload, so i just uploaded the rea file.

Regards,

Chen