Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

Problem with Python Plugin

Helge

Hello everybody,

I have a problem getting started with the GWB Python plugin. On running the example script I get:

###############################
Y:\THEREDA\Arbeitsergebnisse\Testrechnungen\meinGWB>GWBplugin_Python_example2.py
Starting program SpecE8
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Y:\THEREDA\Arbeitsergebnisse\Testrechnungen\meinGWB\GWBplugin_Python_example2.py", line 20, in <module>
    -s \"c:/program files/gwb/gtdata/feoh.dat\""):
  File "Y:\THEREDA\Arbeitsergebnisse\Testrechnungen\meinGWB\GWBplugin.py", line 11, in initialize
    return cdll.gwbplugin.c_initialize(byref(self.plugin), c_char_p(app_name), c_char_p(file_name), c_char_p(cmds))
  File "C:\Python27-x64\lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 436, in __getattr__
    dll = self._dlltype(name)
  File "C:\Python27-x64\lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 366, in __init__
    self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)
WindowsError: [Error 126] Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden
###############################

I get the same result with Python 3.7.x and also when calling module react (in a different script). To me it appears that GWB is having trouble with my Python installation. The requested file C:\Python27-x64\lib\ctypes\__init__.py exists. I use GWB 12 Professional.

Thanks for help.

Helge

Hi Helge,

It looks like you need to add the GWB install folder to your PATH environment variable so that Python can find the GWB libraries.

If working from the Windows command pane you can set the PATH as follows:

set PATH=C:\Program Files\GWB;%PATH%

If you have GWB installed somewhere else you will need to adjust the command to match.

Please note that that will only set the PATH for that command pane window. To permanently set PATH you can hit the Windows key + s to bring up Windows search or just click the Windows button and start typing in "environment".  You should then get an option for changing account environment variables. You can then add or update the PATH variable for your user account.

Hope this helps,

Dan