Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum
Raquel

The software requests reinstallation

Hi good day.

Please I need your help again, when trying to use some modules of the GWB for students it indicates to me that I must reinstall the software, annex document with the screen print of the error.
Thanks in advance.

error de gwb.docx

Hi Raquel,

You can download GWBsymbolext.ttf from GWB.com/font.php, then install it on your computer. Then, restart your computer. That will take care of the first issue.

I think you should try to reinstall the entire software package, though, as the error messages indicate. Be sure to close all GWB applications and pdf documents beforehand. You may need to install the software as an administrator to ensure it installs properly. In your downloads folder, find the GWB1204student_setup.exe file, right-click on it, then choose "Run as administrator". You might also open the GWB dashboard or any GWB app as an administrator the first time you open them. In the Start menu, find the GWB icon, right-click, then choose "Run as administrator" (or More > Run as administrator). 

Regards,

Brian Farrell
Aqueous Solutions

Hello Brian.

Thank you for your prompt response, the problem is that as I commented in the previous forum, I had my program installed on a laptop, it was not working properly, if not in secure mode, that is why I had to copy the folder GWB work on a pendrive and pass it to my desktop computer, however the file GWB1204student_setup.exe that you mention should be in the downloads folder, the laptop to put in safe mode removed it from the download folder, I assumed that It would not matter because I had the work folder but I see the problems that there are now.
I do not know what you recommend me to solve the problem.
Excuse the inconvenience.

Regards,
Raquel

Hi Raquel,

You should re-download and actually install the software on your new desktop, not just copy a GWB folder from the old machine. You can find the download link in the email containing your activation code from the GWB Student Edition team. Or, just go to https://student.gwb.com/student_download.php and sign in.

Regards,

Brian

Hi Brian, Thanks for everything!