Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

[OLD] Changing screen font size

webmaster

Subject: changing screen font size

How can I change my screen font (text mode)? Right now I must used the magnifier to see anything.

Subject: Re: changing screen font size

In the current version, the lettering in the text windows is unfortunately of fixed size, 10 pixels across by 16 high. Most people consider this to be reasonably large lettering. We are not sure from your message if the lettering on your computer is difficult to read in general, or if you have vision limitations and would benefit from larger lettering. If the former is the case, we suspect that your display is set to a resolution too high for your monitor. For example, if your display is set to 1280 x 1024 pixels, you might try 800 x 600. If this does not work, perhaps you can paste a screen capture into a document and send it to us by e-mail, so that we can see how the window appears on your computer. If the problem is with limited vision, however, then we will look at our code to see if we can produce a special "large text" version for you. If we are successful at changing the font size, I will make sure that future releases let the user choose a size. I'm sure that other people would appreciate such a feature.