Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

Act2 concentration and activity

Blake Tooth

Hi,

I'm a new user to GWB and would like to know if there is an easy way to convert between activities and concentrations in act2, and if there's not if there's an easy way to get the activity coefficients that are used when generating the diagrams to convert them manually or whether using something like spece8 will have what I'm looking for in the output?

Cheers,

Blake

Hi,

I'm a new user to GWB and would like to know if there is an easy way to convert between activities and concentrations in act2, and if there's not if there's an easy way to get the activity coefficients that are used when generating the diagrams to convert them manually or whether using something like spece8 will have what I'm looking for in the output?

Cheers,

Blake

Hi Blake:

SpecE8 would be the way to go on this. You can use either concentrations or activities as input values, and the output text file will include a section reporting species concentrations, activity coefficients and log activities:

spece8_output.jpg

I frequently use activities report in SpecE8 (and React) output to help construct activity diagrams.

I hope that helps,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.