Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

Error: Don't know keyword: (aq)

CShort

Hi GWB,

I'm doing some simple charge balance type analyses in React. I've encountered an error where I can't bring in my NH3 data using the MINTEQ database. I set the basis species as NH4+, then try to set the units "as NH3 (aq)". That's when I get an error saying "Error: Don't know keyword: (aq)". It seems like it's having trouble interpreting the (aq) in the unit swap (?). Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

Thanks,

Clark

Guest Melika Sharifi

Dear Cshort,

Thanks for your message.

We will address this error in our next maintenance release. A short-term solution is to edit MINTEQ database by removing the space between NH3 and (aq) (i.e. find NH3 (aq), and change NH3 (aq) to NH3(aq)). The TEdit program, which you can access from the Support pane of the GWB Dashboard, will be very helpful for doing so. You can also check out some tutorials on editing thermo datasets on our website.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Melika Sharifi

Aqueous Solutions LLC

• 3 months later...
Guest Melika Sharifi

Hi Clark,

I’m writing to let you know about our latest maintenance release, GWB 11.0.8. The release fixes the issue you encountered with multi-word species equivalents.

Existing installations should automatically update to this release within the next three days, unless auto-update is disabled. In that case, you can update your installation from the Help pulldown on any GWB app.

I hope you enjoy using the software.

Melika Sharifi

Aqueous Solutions LLC

• 2 weeks later...