Jump to content
Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

Karen Johannesson

Members
  • Content Count

    24
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Karen Johannesson

  • Rank
    Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hi Jia, Thanks again. I will correct these issues and will looking to the use of the "TEdit" program. I guess I learned GWB back when I was using version 7, and I haven't kept up will all the new programs and so forth. I just started using the rxn program to balance equations and calculate equilibrium constants based on the basis. Wow. That really helped speed up some of my old fashioned writing stuff down and balancing them myself. I wish I had looked into the rxn program when I was balancing those gnarly expression for the various "arsenogoethite" dummy minerals I devised for the 2019 p
  2. Hi Jia, Let's see if this works. Karen thermo_GKD.tdat thermo_ThioOxyanions2.tdat FeOH_Arsenic_HFO.sdat Austin_Chalk_As.x1t Austin_Chalk_As_KJ.x1t
  3. I am trying to modify an x1t script that a colleagued used in a paper published in Applied Geochemistry back in 2015. He sent me the script, which I have renamed “Austin_Chalk_As.x1t”. This script is essentially identical to his script except for the new name, which at the moment doesn't represent the Austin Chalk. The script is from Lazareva et al. (2015). I am also including a modified version of the standard thermo.tdat database, which has a new “dummy mineral” called Arsenopyrite2, which is Arsenopyrite written in terms of SO4--/HS- instead of As(OH)4-/AsH3 to define redox dissolution. The
  4. Hi Brian, I figured it was something like this as the problem I had before was related to spaces or lack of spaces between some of my terms in my dummy minerals. Your colleague was really helpful finding this issue in my database. That said, I was so frustrated, I tried to re-install GWB 14 over the new updates and now I have no idea what version I have on my home computer. When I tried to run my x1t code, it started and then just "flashed out". That is, it was doing something and then just disappeared from view. This suggests that it probably crashed. So now I have made another problem f
  5. Why won't this new release work with my GWB 14 scripts? I have never experienced this before. I wish someone would actually respond to my numerous queries.
  6. I am wondering how to constrain a kinetic mineral dissolution/precipitation reaction to a specific region of a 1-D flow path. I know how to do this for a reaction I want to constrain to the beginning or the end of a flow path, but what if I want to have the reaction only occurring in the middle of the path? Also, what if I want to have the reaction happen at the beginning and then again at the end, but not along the middle of the flow path? For example, the following portion of a script for calcite and dolomite dissolution/precipitation along a specified portion of a flow path does not work (
  7. Hi again Jia, I have another question, which may be very easy to answer. I have been running that script I sent you, and iterating to find mineral dissolution rates that best reproduce my major ion concentrations along the flow path I am studying. For some reason is I chose an "effective" rate constant for anorthite dissolution/precipitation that exceeds 2e-19 mol/cm3/s, the X1t just seems to stop or get hung up. I am attaching a screenshot of X1t where I have set the effective rate constant for anorthite at 2.5e-19 mol/cm3/s. The program will not go any further than this. If I use a larg
  8. Hi Jia, That fixed it. Thanks again. Now it's on to finding my next hurdle. 🙂 Karen
  9. Hi Jia, Wow. I would have never caught that extra space. I have made a number of databases in the past and never had an issue. I reckon I never added a space there before. I also eliminated the tabs and changed them all to spaces. I'll give the model a run and see what happens. I hope this works. Assuming it does, then the next step will be "tuning" the kinetic mineral rate constants to fit our data as best as possible. Thanks. Karen
  10. Let me try. First is the database. And second is the script. Note that I haven't included the dll file. Although I compiled one, it the script does even get that far. thermo_ionx.tdat Carrizo_Weathering_5.x1t
  11. Dear Jia, I haven't yet tried to use your suggestion because I am perplexed that when I try to run my script, X1t does not seem to recognize either of the pseudo minerals that Park et al. (2009) provide the recipe for adding to the thermo.tdat dataset. I have been able to get the compiling worked out by downloading the compiler for VS 2019. Also, when I try to run my script, the proper database is loaded "thermo_ionx.tdat", which is the thermo.tdat modified by inclusion of the pseudo minerals Na2EX2 and CaEX2 as per Park et al. If I open up the X1t module, and load thermo_ionx.tdat,
  12. Hi Jia, I have made pseudo minerals before (e.g., "arsenogoethite" in a paper I published in GCA at the end of 2019), so I was perplexed by the modified thermo.tdat database not seeing it when I tried to run X1t. I like to work from scripts and less so from the GUI, but maybe I'll try this approach you outline above. I wasn't making a surface dataset, because I was following the approach of Park et al. (2009) to add the pseudo minerals Na2EX2 and CaEX2 directly to the thermo.tdat file. I need to be able to "turn on" the cation exchange reaction for only a portion of the flow path because
×
×
  • Create New...