Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

Mixing fluids and kinetic minerals

SideN

Hi Tom,

I have one fluid on basis tab and kinetic minerals and gas injection rate on Reactants tab.

I would like to add second solution to the system at certain rate (10 ml/year). What is the best in GWB way to do this “kinetic” mixing?

How can I input composition of the second fluid once and then change rate of the injection?

Could you respond today please? – I will be working through weekend.

Thank you in advance,

Nikolay

Hi Tom,

I have one fluid on basis tab and kinetic minerals and gas injection rate on Reactants tab.

I would like to add second solution to the system at certain rate (10 ml/year). What is the best in GWB way to do this “kinetic” mixing?

How can I input composition of the second fluid once and then change rate of the injection?

Could you respond today please? – I will be working through weekend.

Thank you in advance,

Nikolay

Hi Nikolay:

Is the second solution added after the gas injection? If so, take the results of the first run (gas injection w/ kinetic minerals present) and load it back into the Basis tab using the Run - Pickup - System option. Save this as a file. Next, take your second solution, load it into the Basis tab, speciate it, and use the Pickup - Reactants option to load it into the Reactants tab. Now open the file from the first run that you saved. You'll have the result from the first run in your Basis, and the results from the second run in your Reactants tab.

Hope that helps,

Tom

Hi Nikolay:

Is the second solution added after the gas injection? If so, take the results of the first run (gas injection w/ kinetic minerals present) and load it back into the Basis tab using the Run - Pickup - System option. Save this as a file. Next, take your second solution, load it into the Basis tab, speciate it, and use the Pickup - Reactants option to load it into the Reactants tab. Now open the file from the first run that you saved. You'll have the result from the first run in your Basis, and the results from the second run in your Reactants tab.

Hope that helps,

Tom

Thanks for quick response – you save two days for the project (and killed my week end, which supposed to be killed)

I did work, but with problems. First, I load file Acid_brine.rea and run the React. Then I picked the brine to the reactants. Secondly, I loaded file Mineral_160m_CO2.rea with initial solution and mineralogy (aquifer composition). During the second step there is a change happening with H and O on reactants tab (see screenshot and files in your mailbox). Oxygen impacted the most, from -2.3e-10 to -0.001 moles. This change greatly impacts pe of the model. Please could you clarify what am I doing wrong and why is this change happening?

Thanks,

Nikolay

Thanks for quick response – you save two days for the project (and killed my week end, which supposed to be killed)

I did work, but with problems. First, I load file Acid_brine.rea and run the React. Then I picked the brine to the reactants. Secondly, I loaded file Mineral_160m_CO2.rea with initial solution and mineralogy (aquifer composition). During the second step there is a change happening with H and O on reactants tab (see screenshot and files in your mailbox). Oxygen impacted the most, from -2.3e-10 to -0.001 moles. This change greatly impacts pe of the model. Please could you clarify what am I doing wrong and why is this change happening?

Thanks,

Nikolay

Hi Nikolay:

You have a custom thermo and surface dataset that I do not have access to, so I cannot completely reproduce your results. However, I am not sure what you mean by "change happening with H and O on reactants tab": you have an O2 concentration of -2.3e-10. I'm not sure about the -.001 moles you are referring to- is this after you run the model?

Regards,

Tom