Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

RXN Executable Issue

Hi,

I am unable to launch the RXN executable on my machine. This issue has persisted over several GWB versions and I've ignored the problem due to limited use of the module. As part of troubleshooting I've tried right clicking the file executable and launching with admin privileges. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Erik

Hello Erik,

I am not sure what the issue may be, but I can try to help. When trying to launch RXN, does the software give any warning or error message? Does launching RXN from the GWB dashboard make any difference? Does this occur with any other GWB application? Please try the solutions in the General tips of unresolved section to see if they help. If not, please provide a screenshot of any error messages encountered.

Hope this helps,
Jia Wang
Aqueous Solutions LLC

Hi Jia,

Thanks for response. I have tried the following without success:

1. Restart
  2. Disable anitvirus and firewall
  3. Run as admin

The attached video shows other applications opening from the dashboard, but not RXN. No error messages. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks,

Erik

Hello Erik,

This seems to be a very strange issue and I am not sure what might be causing. I have spoken to our technical team and they recommend that you try closing all GWB apps and then running the installer again. Could you please try that to see if it resolves the issue? If you need a link to download the installer again, please let me know and I will be happy to provide one.

Best regards,
Jia

Hello Erik, 

The installer from the updates page is a patch and not the full installer. I have sent a new installer download link to the email address you provided at the time of your Forum registration. Please check your spam folder if you do not find it in your inbox. 

Please let us know if reinstalling with the full installer resolved the issue with RXN. 

Best,
Jia