Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum
Alida

Reset Licence for new computer

Hello,

I have a new computer and need to re-install GWB. Can you please reset my licence in order to re-intall GWB in the new computer.

Thanks.

Hello Alida,

To move your GWB license to another computer, you'll need to deactivate your license on your old computer. To do so, open the GWB dashboard and move to the Support tab then click Activate GWB and select your activation code and click Deactivate. You can then go to the download page to re-install the software and find your activation code.

Kind regards,

Katelyn

Aqueous Solutions LLC

Katezat, to follow up on this, I was using the university's computers so didn't end up installing. However I tried to do so today and my license is not working, can you reset it again for me?

Thanks for the trouble.

Hello Alida,

Our system shows your license is activated. You’ll need to deactivate your license before you can move it to another machine. To do so, return to the GWB activation utility and select your activation code, then click Deactivate. Once the status changes to "not activated", you can activate your license on another computer. Please let me know if you’re still having trouble.

Katelyn

Aqueous Solutions LLC

Thanks katezat, now it's been deactivated from the old computer. I remembered doing so before, I guess was wrong about that.

Hello katezat, any follow up on this issue?

Thanks!

Hello Alida,

Now that you have deactivated your GWB license, you can install the software and activate your license on another computer. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Katelyn

Aqueous Solutions LLC

Hello,

I accidentally downloaded my copy of Geochemist's Workbench to a school computer, which resets. Since it was not saved on a personal drive, I cannot deactivate my license because the computer is wiped. I am unable to install the program to my laptop. Would it be possible for my code to be reactivated?

Thank you,

Zoe

Hi Zoe,

Sorry for the late response. I missed the notification for this reply. I see that your most recent activation was on November 16. Do you still need assistance activating?

Thanks,

Brian Farrell

Aqueous Solutions LLC