Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

Scatter plotting data for Pipe and Durov diagrams

Jono

I am having problems finding the correct layout to use in a text file to plot scatter data on Piper Durov diagrams. The manual gives examples of how to plot scatter data on bivariate plots but not trilinear diagrams. I have attempted to use calculated relative percentages in meq and the data plots, but in the wrong place on the diagrams. An example text file layout would be very useful.

I am having problems finding the correct layout to use in a text file to plot scatter data on Piper Durov diagrams. The manual gives examples of how to plot scatter data on bivariate plots but not trilinear diagrams. I have attempted to use calculated relative percentages in meq and the data plots, but in the wrong place on the diagrams. An example text file layout would be very useful.

Hi Jono:

For v6-7, under the Help menu in the SpecE8 or React module you'll find a set of instructions specific to adding scatter data for that module, including examples of text formatting. It's not listed in the User's Guides as the formatting differs from module to module (Act2, SpecE8, React etc.).

Version 8 makes this much simpler, as data can be plotted directly from the new GSS spreadsheet.

If you're still having trouble getting it to work, go ahead and send me your script and scatter dataset.

I hope that helps,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.