Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

Reading stored script files in React

As a novice user of React I'm trying out a few test examples using formats given in the GBRM book. Currently I'm working through the "Lyons Sandstone" problem; but typing and saving my own script files. The problem I'm having is that when I try to use the "read" command to react my meteoric fluid (that I've already created and saved) with the example brine I get the error message "Can't find file". I figure that the file is probably not in the right directory (although I've saved the metaoric fluid script file into the Script folder within the GWB folder). Can anyone offer a simple solution that would enable the program to find my meteoric fluid file and proceed with the simulation?

Hi Steve,

It might be that you are saving the file to a folder which is different from your working directory. I think changing either your working directory or the location where you save the scripts to the same folder should take care of your problem. Including the complete path to your saved scripts might work as well.

Generally, it's not best to save your work to the GWB scripts folder within Program files. Depending on your version of Windows, you might not even have write access to that folder. Most people create their own folder for their work, perhaps in their user profile, or on the desktop.

Hope this helps,

Brian Farrell

Aqueous Solutions LLC