Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

graphing multiple data scenarios

I have what is probably a very simple question regarding graphing. I am using the book Geochemical and Biogeochemical Reaction Modeling to learn GWB. In the book there are numerous cases (eg. example 29.2 figure 29.4, and example 30.2 figure 30.3) where the traces for multiple reactions are shown on the same graph (ie reactions with different concentrations).

My question is, is there a way to graph multiple modeled scenarios on one graph like is shown in the book? Or do i need to export and use another graphing program?

Thanks,

Hi,

The GWB's plotting programs display data from a single calculation at a time, so there's no way to plot multiple calculations together. If this was allowed, it would significantly complicate how the user operates the plotting programs. You can easily export your plots to programs like PowerPoint, Excel, or Illustrator, though, to display the results of multiple calculations in a single plot. Our tutorials page contains some tips that will be useful to you. Check out the "How do I overlay my diagrams?" and "How do I retrieve numerical data from my plots?" tutorials within the Using GWB section.

Hope this helps,

Brian Farrell

Aqueous Solutions LLC