Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

Mixing brine and NCG in React - cant get the desired mixing P

Hi,

A relatively new React user here... I tried to mix brine with NCG (reactant) at a certain pressure but I cant seem to implement the correct pressure. My results so far only reflect the Psat of the brine temperature. How can I set the desired pressure at which the NCG mixes with the brine? Have tried both the simple gas mixing and sliding fugacity options but same results. Thanks   

Hello,

You can't set confining pressure within GWB apps except in Act2 and Tact, where the confining pressure set affect the position of the water stability limits and the stability fields of gases, but it does not affect the position of species and mineral fields. The default database (thermo.tdat) compiles thermodynamic data at 1 atm below 100C or along the steam saturation curve at 100C and above. You can view the pressures and temperatures at which the dataset is compiled through by opening your dataset in the TEdit application and viewing the Table section.

If you wish, you can compile a thermo dataset at a pressure or temperature of interest. See the K2GWB and DBCreate references on our thermo data webpage for more info.

Hope this helps,
Jia Wang
Aqueous Solutions LLC