Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

GWB license transfer

Hi,

I’m encountering an issue with my license transfer. My old laptop suffered liquid damage and had to be formatted. Now, when I attempt to transfer my license to a new laptop, I’m receiving a message stating that the fulfilled count has exceeded the available seat count and I attached the screenshot below. I believe this is because I wasn’t able to deactivate the license on my old laptop before it was damaged. Is there a way to resolve this issue?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

YY

Edited by Brian Farrell
I deleted the screenshot from this post, since it displays the activation code for your paid license - BF

• 3 weeks later...

we can not access the old computer so we tried to restore to a new computer with a different MAC address, the restore is successful but we can not deactivate the current license, tried to repair but it errors to the activation id is not from the original client

Hi Camille,

Thanks for clarifying. It seem you have a different root cause of the issue.

Since you have a paid license, please send an email to support@gwb.com with your brief explanation of events and a screenshot of the error message you receive when you try to repair the license. For completeness, please include your activation code, the operating system you’re using, and whether you’re using a virtual machine. Once we have that information we will respond with specific instructions for you.

Regards,
Brian