Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

Multiple analysis outputs

thassell

Hi there,

I've been working with multiple analysis processing and was wondering is there was a command that enables aSpecE8_output.txt file for each sample listed in the input file, so that the complete speciation is able to be viewed for each individual sample.

Cheers

Hi there,

I've been working with multiple analysis processing and was wondering is there was a command that enables aSpecE8_output.txt file for each sample listed in the input file, so that the complete speciation is able to be viewed for each individual sample.

Cheers

Hello:

You can change the name of the SpecE8_output.txt file using the Suffix command- the command is described on page 92 of the v7 Reference manual.

Hope that helps,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.

Hello:

You can change the name of the SpecE8_output.txt file using the Suffix command- the command is described on page 92 of the v7 Reference manual.

Hope that helps,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.

Thanks for the help. I wrote it into the script and it's still writing over the same file just giving it a different name each time. I'm still learning the in's and out's of scripting. I'll sopy the section of the script I tried below. Could you please help me with the correct command string?

# Run SpecE8 calculation and write data + results.

go

set i 0

foreach a [lrange $aline 0 end] {

incr i 1

suffix _run$i

puts -nonewline $out_id "$a\t"

}

if {[report success]} {

puts $out_id \

"[report IS]\t[report TDS]\t[report activity H+]\t[report activity SO4--]\t[report activity Na+]\t[report activity Ca++]\t[report activity Cl-]\t[report activity Mg+]\t[report activity K+]\t[report activity HCO3-]\t[report activity CO3--]\t[report activity CaCO3]\t[report SI Hematite]\t[report SI Goethite]\t[report SI Calcite]\t[report SI Dolomite]\t[report SI Gypsum]\t[report SI Aragonite]\t[report SI Quicksilver]"

} else {

puts $out_id "Did not converge"

}

# Next line of input.

gets $in_id aline

}

Cheers

Thanks for the help. I wrote it into the script and it's still writing over the same file just giving it a different name each time. I'm still learning the in's and out's of scripting. I'll sopy the section of the script I tried below. Could you please help me with the correct command string?

Hi:

It looks like you're getting there. I have not tried writing to multiple output files with different names before, but I think all you need to do is to physically open and close the files that you've renamed (with the suffix command) before you use the "puts ... out_id" statement to write output.

Have a look at the open and close commands on page 269 of the Multiple Analysis appendix in the GWB v7 Reference Manual.

Hope that helps,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.