Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

Kd and other sorption models

Tom Meuzelaar

[admin note: this post represents recovered forum content after a critical hard drive failure - it is not in it's original form]

>>>>>>>>>>

Feb 7 2007, 11:55 AM

I am trying to use a Kd model for a reactive transport simulation. I have reviewed the Kd input data file and the example SpecE8 input file, but I cannot see where the rock mass that is doing the sorbing is entered into the system. The output file for the Kd example provided in GWB 6.0.3 shows that the reactive rock mass is 5.3 kg. Can anyone tell me how this is entered into the SpecE8 input file?

I am using a Windows XP system and I have attached the iput file in question from the example scripts provided in GWB.

Thank you,

Dusty

Attached File(s)

KD.sp8 ( 165bytes ) Number of downloads: 2

>>>>>>>>>>

Feb 7 2007, 12:27 PM

Hi Dusty:

The sorbing rock mass is set via the "inert" command- you can access this via the "Config- Variables" menu. The inert mass is set in cubic centimeters (2000 in this example)- the rock mass in the output file is reported in kg, reflecting a density of 2.65 g/cm3.

As an aside- you can open your .sp8 script in a standard text editor like Notepad, and you'll see the "inert" command listed. This is often helpful when looking at example scripts that have variables defined that are not immediately visible from the main GUI.

Regards,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.