Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

License problems

Lisa Streit

I am a new user of GWB. I just installed GWB Professional v. 6.0 on my pc (which runs Windows Vista), plus the HASP drivers, and the 6.05 update from 6.0. After each step I got a message to the effect of 'installation successful.' However, when I try to start up GWB (with the gwb CD in cd drive and the dongle plugged in), I get the following error:

-----------------------------------------

HydroKey

react - Cannot find license file

The license files (or server network addresses) attempted are listed below. Use LM_LICENSE_FILE to use a different license file, or contact your software provider for a license file.

Feature: react

Filename: c:\program files\gwb\License\hydrokey.lic

License path: c:\program files\gwb\License\hydrokey.lic

FLEXIm error: -1,359. System Error: 2 "No such file or directory"

For further information, refer to the FLEXIm End User Manual, available at "www.mac

------------------------------------------

I tried reinstalling everything, but got the same problem. When I actually look in C->Program Files->gwb->License, the hydrokey file is sitting there. The only difference I can see is it is .exe, not .lic like the error says.

Any ideas why this isn't working?

Please help,

Lisa

I am a new user of GWB. I just installed GWB Professional v. 6.0 on my pc (which runs Windows Vista), plus the HASP drivers, and the 6.05 update from 6.0. After each step I got a message to the effect of 'installation successful.' However, when I try to start up GWB (with the gwb CD in cd drive and the dongle plugged in), I get the following error:

-----------------------------------------

HydroKey

react - Cannot find license file

The license files (or server network addresses) attempted are listed below. Use LM_LICENSE_FILE to use a different license file, or contact your software provider for a license file.

Feature: react

Filename: c:\program files\gwb\License\hydrokey.lic

License path: c:\program files\gwb\License\hydrokey.lic

FLEXIm error: -1,359. System Error: 2 "No such file or directory"

For further information, refer to the FLEXIm End User Manual, available at "www.mac

------------------------------------------

I tried reinstalling everything, but got the same problem. When I actually look in C->Program Files->gwb->License, the hydrokey file is sitting there. The only difference I can see is it is .exe, not .lic like the error says.

Any ideas why this isn't working?

Please help,

Lisa

Hi Lisa:

When you launch GWB, the program first looks for an attached dongle- if it cannot find the hardware lock, it then searches for the existence of a license file. Since your copy is licensed via hardware lock, and not a license file, the message indicates difficulty finding the hardware lock. The 2 most common causes of this problem are:

1. You don't have the latest dongle problems. It sounds like this is not to be issue, but just to make sure, did you use the HASP repair tool for version 6 users, not the repair tool for users of v5 and older? (located here: http://www.rockware.com/product/productUpdates.php?id=132)
  2. Your hardware lock (is it USB or parallel?) is attached to a docking station, and not a USB port located on the computer itself.

Could either of these be the problem?

Regards,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.

Hi Lisa:

When you launch GWB, the program first looks for an attached dongle- if it cannot find the hardware lock, it then searches for the existence of a license file. Since your copy is licensed via hardware lock, and not a license file, the message indicates difficulty finding the hardware lock. The 2 most common causes of this problem are:

1. You don't have the latest dongle problems. It sounds like this is not to be issue, but just to make sure, did you use the HASP repair tool for version 6 users, not the repair tool for users of v5 and older? (located here: http://www.rockware.com/product/productUpdates.php?id=132)
  2. Your hardware lock (is it USB or parallel?) is attached to a docking station, and not a USB port located on the computer itself.

Could either of these be the problem?

Regards,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.

I installed the v6 HASP repair tool, and the dongle is plugged directly into the a USB port on the laptop, so neither of those is the problem. Any other suggestsion?

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...
I installed the v6 HASP repair tool, and the dongle is plugged directly into the a USB port on the laptop, so neither of those is the problem. Any other suggestsion?

Lisa

Hi Lisa:

I apologize for the delay- was out on vacation all of last week.

I'm a bit at a loss. Two additional possibilities:

1. Is the USB port itself working (ie. can you plug in other devices that work)
  2. Are you using a 64-bit operating system by chance?

Regards,

Tom

• 1 month later...

Tom,

I'm having the same issues as Lisa and, yes, I'm running a 64-bit operating system (Vista-64)?

Any thoughts?

Stuart

Hi Lisa:

I apologize for the delay- was out on vacation all of last week.

I'm a bit at a loss. Two additional possibilities:

1. Is the USB port itself working (ie. can you plug in other devices that work)
  2. Are you using a 64-bit operating system by chance?

Regards,

Tom

Tom,

I'm having the same issues as Lisa and, yes, I'm running a 64-bit operating system (Vista-64)?

Any thoughts?

Stuart

Hi Stuart:

We've already discussed this over the phone, but I'll post a response here for all others who are running 64-bit operating systems:

Currently, GWB Standard and Professional dongles do not work with 64-bit operating systems. UIUC will be addressing this issue in their next patch (7.0.5).

Regards,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.

• 6 months later...

Hi Tom,

I try to install the GWB with Vista Ultimate x64 operative system.

I have the CD of Upgrade to Release 7.0.6 and the my original release is 5.

I cannot run GWB.

I have read the installation instructions and 2 posts on the forum. I follow these steps:

1. I insert the USB HASP key (installation plug and play and the message is that all is ok).

2. Install the Release 5.0 from original CD: error message (it is necessary file ntvdm.exe and GWB does not run).

3. I download and update the HASP driver with the software from GWB 5 or older from http://www.rockware.com/product/productUpdates.php?id=132

4. I re-install GWB 5.0 and the problem continue.

5. I try to install the upgrade to v7 but don't recognize that I have tried to install GWB5.

What are the correct way to install GWB?

Jose

Hi Tom,

I try to install the GWB with Vista Ultimate x64 operative system.

I have the CD of Upgrade to Release 7.0.6 and the my original release is 5.

I cannot run GWB.

I have read the installation instructions and 2 posts on the forum. I follow these steps:

1. I insert the USB HASP key (installation plug and play and the message is that all is ok).

2. Install the Release 5.0 from original CD: error message (it is necessary file ntvdm.exe and GWB does not run).

3. I download and update the HASP driver with the software from GWB 5 or older from http://www.rockware.com/product/productUpdates.php?id=132

4. I re-install GWB 5.0 and the problem continue.

5. I try to install the upgrade to v7 but don't recognize that I have tried to install GWB5.

What are the correct way to install GWB?

Jose

Hi Jose:

I'm guessing the problem stems from the fact that the v5 installation is not 64-bit compliant, hence the pre-upgrade install is never valid to begin with.

I'm going to send you a full installation executable for v7.0.5. I'll do this via personal email.

Regards,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.

• 8 months later...

Hi Jose:

I'm guessing the problem stems from the fact that the v5 installation is not 64-bit compliant, hence the pre-upgrade install is never valid to begin with.

I'm going to send you a full installation executable for v7.0.5. I'll do this via personal email.

Regards,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.

I have the same error as post #1 with GWB v4.0, a parallel dongle and Windows 7 32bit, is there any way to fix it?

I have the same error as post #1 with GWB v4.0, a parallel dongle and Windows 7 32bit, is there any way to fix it?

Hello:

In your case, the problem stems from the fact that GWB version 4 is not compliant with Windows 7. Unfortunately, the only solution is to upgrade to GWB version 8.

Let me know how I can be of further help.

Regards,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.