Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

error message

flo

Hi all,

I am a little confused about the actual meaning of the following error meassage from React 6.04 using the Minteq-database saying:

Warning: Expected a free constraint for mineral Goethite Residuals too large, 606-th interation

I chose sodium to account for the charge balance (I did not have Cl in the system). Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a section in the manual on the charge balance and the particular error message and the respective meaning in the code. Does anyone know exactly how to deal with this?

Thanks for the help.

Florian

Hi all,

I am a little confused about the actual meaning of the following error meassage from React 6.04 using the Minteq-database saying:

Warning: Expected a free constraint for mineral Goethite Residuals too large, 606-th interation

I chose sodium to account for the charge balance (I did not have Cl in the system). Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a section in the manual on the charge balance and the particular error message and the respective meaning in the code. Does anyone know exactly how to deal with this?

Thanks for the help.

Florian

Hi Florian:

The first part of your message Expected a free constraint for mineral Goethite, refers to the fact that minerals should generally be set as free masses. The "free vs. bulk" concept is further discussed in this thread.

It's hard to troubleshoot the charge balance issue without seeing a script. Can you attach one?

Regards,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.