Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

Take 2: I'm using the mosaic diagram under Act2 for the GWB community version software and don't have access to Phase2 or React. 

1)One of my goals is to see at what Eh & pH conditions alabandite and pyrite coexist.

2) Another goal is to see at what Eh & pH conditions alabandite, rambergite, and hauerite coexist.

Please see attached file! :)

Fe-Mn 25 deg C.jpg.ac2

Hello,

Thanks for posting your input file. After taking a look, I noted that you are plotting the Eh-pH diagram for manganese as the main species. Act2 calculates equilibrium equations, which is then assembled in a 2-D grid to show the stability of minerals and predominance of aqueous species (based on the highest activity). Based on what you described in your previous post and here, regarding coexisting minerals, I think you require the calculation of speciation at various pH and Eh. This is not something Act2 is intended for. Phase2 on the other hand solves a complete multicomponent system (accounting for speciation) at each node in the grid and reports the most abundant species or mineral in its predominance diagram. You can also create mineral assemblage maps, which will show you which mineral or group of minerals is present in the node. You can see an example of this in section 8.1.2 Assemblage Maps of the GWB Reaction Modeling User Guide. If you would like to tryout Phase2 (or other more advanced GWB applications), please fill out our request form and we will be happy to send you a demo license. 

Hope this helps,
Jia Wang
Aqueous Solutions LLC