Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

TEdit: Importing PHREEQC databases & eta / mu interaction parameters

Frank Bok

Dear GWB team,

I tried TEdit zu transform a PHREEQC database into GWB format (both attached). From the PITZER block in the PHREEQC, the ETA (NCC / NAA combinations) as well as from the MU (NN'C / NN'A) interaction parameter have not been imported. Specifically, I am referring to these entries from the PHREEQC file:

-ETA
O2                  Cl-                 SO4-2               -0.01709 0 0 0 0 0
O2                  Na+                 Mg+2                -0.01445 0 0 0 0 0
-MU
O2                  H+                  H3PO4                -0.1637 0 0 0 0 0
Does GWB not handle these kind of (rare) interactions? Or did I something wrong?

Many thanks and best wishes,

Frank

P.S.: Sorry for the incomlete translation!

PHRQ.dat PHRQ.tdat

Hello Jia,

many thanks, please keep me up to date. I need eta and mu interactions in my dataset.

Best regards,
Frank

Hello Frank,

We have made a fix to the issue of ETA and MU virial coefficients not importing from PhreeqC. Please download and installing the "release candidate" below and try converting your custom PhreeqC dataset.

17.0.1rc1_setup.exe

I also want to let you know that the compiler used for the installer was updated recently. If you encounter any issues while using the release candidate installer, please let us know.

Best regards,
Jia

Hello Jia,

thanks for the update! Your installer works fine on my PC, no issues here. Concerning TEdit, I tried the PHREEQC file from the initial post again. The importer now includes all triple interactions.

Thank you very much and best regards,
Frank

• 2 months later...

Hello Frank,

I just want to let you know that maintenance release 17.0.1 fixes the import issue of ETA and MU virial coefficients. If automatic update is enabled, you should be prompted to update in the next few days when you open the GWB dashboard. You can also manually update by going to check for updates under the "Help" menu of any app or on the Support pane of the GWB dashboard.

Best regards,
Jia

Hello Jia,

thank you for the information. Actually, yesterday afternoon my copy of GWB allready did its update.

Many thanks and best regards,

Frank