Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

How to change X1t Fluids over time?

Hulinks

I am currently conducting one-dimensional advection analysis, and I would like to change the inlet solution over time as X1t Fluids (I want to change the temperature and amount of chemical species of the injected fluid over time). .
I tried to make a datasheet of a sample that changed the composition with GSS, but it seems that it can not be imported into X1t, so is there a way to execute the above system somehow?

Hello,

In X1t and X2t, you can specify fluids of different compositions as the boundary fluid at different reaction intervals. To do so, you will want to add each set of fluid composition as a new fluid under the "Fluids" pane. If you already have your water analyses entered in a GSS spreadsheet, you can right-click and drag on the sample header in GSS and drop into the Fluids pane in X1t. Once you have added all your fluid compositions, you can set reaction intervals with the desired length of time and inlet fluids on the "Intervals" pane.

If you would like more information on using drag and drop to transfer data between GWB applications, please see section 1.7 in the GWB Essentials Guide. For examples on configuring boundary fluids and reaction intervals, please see section 2.8 and 2.10 in the GWB Reactive Transport Modeling Guide.

Hope this helps,
Jia Wang
Aqueous Solutions LLC