Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

Radial Diagrams with User Analytes (PFAS)

I am trying to make radial plots with different PFAS constituents as the analytes. I added different PFAS species as user analytes, but when I try to plot these radially the option to select my added analytes is not available. How do I work around this? Is there a thermodynamic database available that includes PFAS constituents? Thanks!

Hello,

I believe radial plots only display the bulk component composition of the fluid. A bulk concentration represents the total amount of a component distributed through the system. Analytes that you add under “Basis species” are all considered bulk quantities. A workaround to make your PFAS species appear on the radial plot is to change the “Category” type for your analyte to “Component in Fluid”. But please note, doing so will change where your species will appear if you plot XY type plots, the species will appear under “Components in fluid”.

For more information regarding different plot types, please see section 8 in the GWB Essentials User Guide.

Hope this helps,
Jia Wang
Aqueous Solutions LLC