Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

Internal error: transform_comp

Hello,

I am trying to incorporate Chemplugin into a python based groundwater flow model. As a starting point, I am having it recreate the Steam_2D.x2t script. However, when the program starts running I get:

Internal error: transform_comp: lost transform species

ChemPlugin abondoning calculation.

What is the meaning of this error? I believe I am putting the same basis species in each node, so it shouldn't be an inconsistency between nodes. Also, it doesn't seem like advancetransport or advancechemical are returning an error code.

Thanks,

Peter

Hello Peter,

You can get this error if different sets of species are loaded in linked ChemPlugin instances. You can check if you are working from the same or name-compatible thermo datasets in each ChemPlugin instance and use the identical “span” commands to cause each to load the same species set.

Hope this helps,
Jia Wang
Aqueous Solutions LLC

Hello,

It turned out to be an typo in one of my initialization commands, so Ca wasn't being added as a basis species to some of the nodes. An appendix of error messages would be helpful for the ChemPlugin documentation.

Thanks,

Peter