Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

License is activated but all the features are greyed out!

Hi,

I installed the software about two months ago and it worked fine. Now I want to use it again but all the features are greyed out. I did all the steps in general guidance troubleshooting but still does not work ( license is active but all features are greyed out).

I have a Windows 11 and I used 64 bit version.

I appreciate any tips.

Thank you very much,

Hamid

Hello Hamid,

I am sorry to hear that you are continuing to have issues with your installation. A couple of additional things for you to try. When you performed the troubleshooting steps, did you try running the dashboard (Workbench.exe), an app directly (e.g. SpecE8.exe in Gwb folder or from the Windows menu), or an input file (e.g. Freshwater.sp8 in the Scripts folder) with the "Run as administrator" option?

Some troubleshooting steps may require restarting the computer to take effect. Could you try restarting your machine after each operation?

In your GWB Activation Utility, could you try deactivating and reactivating the code to see if that changes the status on your dashboard? Or, does that affect you opening the apps directly?

The general troubleshooting tips will help to resolve common issues. If these steps do not help, then the issue is likely something specific to your machine. Since your software had initially worked correctly, has there been any updates or changes to your machine since it last worked?

Hope this helps,
Jia Wang
Aqueous Solutions LLC

13 hours ago, Jia Wang said:

Hello Hamid,

I am sorry to hear that you are continuing to have issues with your installation. A couple of additional things for you to try. Thank you very much Jia for help and tips!

When you performed the troubleshooting steps, did you try running the dashboard (Workbench.exe), Did not work

an app directly (e.g. SpecE8.exe in Gwb folder or from the Windows menu), or an input file (e.g. Freshwater.sp8 in the Scripts folder) with the "Run as administrator" option? works! I do not have experience with the software but i believe I could perform one example from SpecE8

Some troubleshooting steps may require restarting the computer to take effect. Could you try restarting your machine after each operation? Did not work

In your GWB Activation Utility, could you try deactivating and reactivating the code to see if that changes the status on your dashboard? Did not work

Or, does that affect you opening the apps directly? I could run the apps from Gwb folder

The general troubleshooting tips will help to resolve common issues. If these steps do not help, then the issue is likely something specific to your machine. Since your software had initially worked correctly, has there been any updates or changes to your machine since it last worked? I use my work laptop managed by IT. I plan to evaluate the software for our application.

Hope this helps,
Jia Wang
Aqueous Solutions LLC

Dear Jia,

Based on the observation above is there any way that I can use the dashboard?

Thank you,

BR,

~Hamid