Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

P2plot error - window keeps being closed

Hi,

I am using GWB 12 Professional. I have a problem with P2plot which was not there before. Please see the video below. I can't open p2plot window from the main interface, my previously created p2plot plot, and I cant create a new plot using phase2 module. I installed the latest GWB update but nothing changed.

Could you help me to fix the issue, please?

Many thanks,

Muhammet

Hello Muhammet, 

The issue here is that your input file for Phase2 is missing a reaction path for the y-axis. In the video posted, you can check under the "Y Axis" tab and see that there is nothing set. The Results pane also indicates that there is no reaction path set for your simulation after the run as well. The resulting output file does not enough information to plot a phase diagram in P2plot. Can you double check that you are running the correct file? The video shows your input files contain the .rea extension, which indicates that these are really meant for the React application. In certain cases, you may use a React input file as a starting point (i.e. for setting up the basis constraints) but you should also check that the reaction paths in both x and y axes are set up correctly. For more information on setting up a Phase2 input file, please see the examples in section 7 Using Phase2 in the GWB Reaction Modeling User Guide. 

Hope this helps,
Jia Wang
Aqueous Solutions LLC

Hi Jia,

Thank you for your reply. I added the reaction path correctly for y-axis and it works now! Since I couldn't open my previous file and individual p2plot module, I thought there might be an issue. However, adding the reaction path and re-running phase2 made it working again.

Many thanks,

Muhammet