Geochemist's Workbench Support Forum

Altering thermo database for specified runs

I am trying to use the phreeqc database for some Zn modelling. Though I change it in the preferences, on my actual run information tab it states that wateqf is being used. Can you please help me assure I am properly changing the database? I had some assistance two days ago from Jia on the community forum on a related question.

Zn_simple.ac2

Hello,

Changing the thermo file in your Preferences dialog will only affect new instances of the GWB applications. You can change dataset of any current or existing input file by going to "File" menu -> "Open" -> "Thermo Data...". Please see my response to your other post for how to view the currently loaded thermo dataset.

Please consider posting to the same thread when you are following up on issues. It would be easier to keep track of related topics when you post to the same thread.

Hope this helps,
Jia

Sorry for the double posting Jia- I used the general one before realizing I had access to this one! I now can adjust the database for an original run and see it reflected in the results pane. Also, I have become better at using the TdEdit to see which aqueous species are contained in a particular database. Do you foresee adding hydroxide species of Zn to the default database in the future?

Hello,

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear that you're familiarizing yourself with TEdit. The GWB does not maintain any datasets. If you'd like to include the Zn-hydroxide reactions in thermo.tdat, simply copy and paste them from thermo.V8.R6+.tdat and save the customized dataset under a new name for your own use.

Best regards,
Jia